Saturday, March 9, 2013

Coconut Oil



Thought I’d take a moment and talk about Coconut oil.

I love it. A friend recently recommended it to me simply because of all it’s uses, such as being a great moisturiser ,throw it in the fry pan and cook with it & it also clears up stretch marks, though I am yet to see the benefits of the latter so far it’s been a fun experience.

I got my tub for about $15 from a local health food place.  I use it in the morning and before I go to bed, rubbing it on my stretch marks.

So far it’s been a great experiment  with weight loss, it helps control stomach bloating and abdominal obesity as well as speeding up the body’s metabolism.

A recent study by the Garvan Institute of Medical Research found that coconut oil protects against insulin resistance, reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.

Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing them a shiny complexion. It is effective in reducing the protein loss for damaged and undamaged hair.

My cooking experience leaves a lot to be desired to say the least but it’s simply far too easy to just throw a bit in the pan and it seems to work so well with bananas ! I am going to try with other fruits very soon .

I’ve also found when I am craving for chocolate to have a tea spoon of coconut oil which is a much more healthy option of dark vegan chocolate and it helps . Coconut oil is a good quality fat and makes it much more filling than empty crappy carbs from fatty products.

That’s my recent little discovery of Coconut Oil, I’m loving it so far and highly recommend it for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment