Sunday, March 3, 2013

Racism?



I'm posting this a small little snippet as I am currently working on other posts. But i wanted to leave you with something.

As I have been doing my own work for Shark Finning , I have been trying to get into contact with radio stations.  To those who have replied back I have been mostly rejected.
Others have replied back wishing us support but not wanting to get involved.
Very few have accepted and seem interested in what I have to say.

I however noticed one of the common factors for me receiving rejections seem to be racism.
Racism against Asians. Though what I have found most interesting, with all the work & activism I have been doing, not one Asian has approached me about being racist.

Maybe it's something I can't see. But RACISM! How? From where? We are not telling anyone of Asian ethnicity they are bad people or are we discriminating against them.
I am imploring any one who eats this meal to boycott it and find alternatives to it, hopefully a non-animal meal.
I am also educating people that shark's are not the dangers you see on the TV, that is mainly media trying to sell .


I understand the racism remarks may come from it being a cultural Asian dish but that's really no excuse.Culturally , slavery was opposed by white people onto the oppressed black counterparts.
Sure it was a cultural thing to do, but that doesn't make it right.


This has lead me to start to think about the Shark activism I am currently doing. It seems to me that it's going to be a long hard road battling this.  There are so many issues tied up  preventing our help such as money, fear ,  & now racism. Who knows how many more I am going to find on my way to helping these fascinating animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment